BestBelgradeApartments.com
SRPSKI
  • CONTACT
  • APPLICATION FOR OWNERS

What to see in Belgrade ?

kalemegdan-tvrdjava

KALEMEGDAN

-is the biggest park in Belgrade, it is located above the rivers of Sava and Danube. The park was founded by order of Mihajlo Obrenović at the end of the nineteenth century, when Belgrade was surrendered to the Serbs. The word Kalemegdan comes from the Turkish words (Kale- which means the fortress) and (mejdan-square). In addition to the beautiful views from the Kalemegdan it is the center of urban life in Belgrade's, and therefore it should be visited.
 

NATIONAL MUSEUM

- is the oldest museum in Serbia, it was founded in 1844, the collection of the National Museum consists of more than 400,000 valuable historical objects. The most prominent and the most valuable item of this collection is Miroslavljevo Jevanjđelje (which is the oldest Cyrillic manuscript and it dates from about 1190).
 

KNEZ MIHAJLOVA

-is one of the oldest streets in Belgrade, it is located in the same place where the center of the Singidunum was at the Roman times. After drafting of the regulation plan of Belgrade street was given the appearance that it still has. Today it is a only for pedestrians and there are many shops, restaurants, cafes in it. It still looks the same as it did in the nineteenth century.
 

SKADARLIJA

-is known as a bohemian part of town, because in the nineteenth century most of Belgrade artists lived in that area. The bohemian spirit is felt in the street even today. The street is favorite Belgrade destination for tourists from all around the world.
 

Dom narodne skupstineNATIONAL ASSEMBLY

-Is one of the most beautiful buildings of Belgrade, it is located in the center of the city, nearby the Nikola Pašić square, it was built in 1936.
 

OLD PALACE

-was built by Milan Obrenovic in 1884., it was the official royal residence that was used for diferent purposes such as Assembly session, balls and so on. During the war the palace was damaged, so today it has slightly changed appearance. Today the old palace is used as the City Hall.
 

ADA CIGANLIJA

-is a former island of the river Sava, which is now converted to the artificial lake. Around the lake there is 7km of beach, with golf, football, basketball and other sports courses and lots of cafes which make it the favorite destination for citizens of Belgrade.
 

TEMPLE OF THE ST.SAVA

-is the largest ortodox church in the world, it is located on the Vračar area at the place where the Sinan Paša burned the remains of St. Sava in 1595 (St Sava was the founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church). Construction took the long time up until the XXI century because of the large number of wars and bad political situation. Temple was largely built by the contributions of the citizens. It still is not painted inside, but that does not diminish its aesthetic value. The Temple illuminates the city making it more beautiful, not only for the visitors but for residents to.
 

MUSEUM OF NIKOLA TESLA

-was established in 1952 after the return of personal belongings and documentation of Nikola Tesla from the U.S. Collection was entered in the UNESCO with over 160,000 original documents.
 

TERAZIJE

-is the most famous square in Belgrade, it has the Terazije fountain in the center of it, the fountain stands there since 1860. The name Terazije originates from the Turkish times when there were water towers, which the Turks called Terazije. Today, there are many hotels, restaurants, cafes, shops and boutiques in the square.
 

EPISCOPAL CHURCH

-Is located close to the Kalemegdan park, it was build between 1837-1845, Prince Milos Obrenovic built it on the foundations of the church that stood there between 1717 and 1739 but was destroyed meanwhile. The value of the church increases whit the two graves of Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic and Dositej Obradovic who were great men of culture of that time.
 

MAUSOLEUM OF TITO

-Was formed in 1982 after the burial of Josip Broz Tito, it is the part of the Museum of History of Yugoslavia and it is also called the House of Flowers. Since it was opened the place was visited by 15.000.000 people.
 

CAR MUSEUM

-was founded in 1994 by the Bratislav Petkovic (who is the car collector). The museum is located in the building were the the first public garage in Balkans was in 1929. There are over 100 cars in the museum and they are all in good conditions.